Welcome!
Let us help you improve your search engine rankings,capture
traffic, monetize, and make your blog look awesome!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Monetizing 105 - Pocket Change or Big Money?


What I'm about to tell you just goes to prove what they say: you can't believe everything you see on the internet.  I will present to you here the two main streams of thought you will find out there on the web about making money blogging in as warm, and as heartless a fashion as I can muster.


The Optimists Say:

Making money online with your blog is super easy!  Just look at all the millionaires who went from nothing to something in just a few months time!  Trust me and buy my e-book and you'll be quitting your day job in three months time!

The Pessimists Say:


This is hard work, make no mistake about it.  You will be putting in long, hard hours, possibly up to 60 hours a week writing for your blog, networking, making connections in the community, doing research, and neglecting your family and friends while you do it all.  In the end you may make no money at all, end up disillusioned, frustrated, angry, and give up in the end after all that work.

The Optimistic Pessimists Say:

It's hard work, but it's worth a try.  You might make millions, or you might make pocket change, but don't give up when it doesn't work out in the first few months, or even the first year.  It's a learning process all the way through, and even after years of blogging, you'll still be learning how to do it right, and how to be the best.  If you enjoy doing it and make some pocket change along the way, then it wasn't all for naught, and if you become a millionaire, then you can add yours to the list of the few success stories out there.  Don't give up!

I personally tend to be in line with the optimistic pessimists.  I know what it is like to give it my all, even to the detriment of what little free time I have after working two jobs and trying to take care of my family, but I also have hope that someday I can be the best of the best, and make something of myself, and my blog.

I'm telling you this now, because I want you to be informed.  I don't want you to believe the naive optimistic hype online only to become frustrated and irritated when it's not as easy as they make it look.  I also don't want you to fall into the pessimistic category and never even try at all.  When it comes to the world of making money blogging, it's best to approach things with a critical, yet hopeful eye, and an attitude of what you put in, is what you'll get out.  Hopefully you'll give it your all, as I try to do each and every day, and you'll reap the rewards of your hard work and labor.

I will be here with you every step of the way as I continue to learn and share with you what my experiences have been.

Lend us a comment below about what your experiences (good, bad, or in between) have been with blogging in general, or blogging for profit.  We'd love to hear from you, and give you a chance to share your story, and what key things you've learned along the way.

1 comments:

My experience has been in-between. I blog because I like it but I was also hoping to make some good money along the way. My site has 50 posts with good content but I've only got five subscribers (and three of those are friends). I've only made a couple of dollars with adsense and you can't cash out unless you have $100! I've seen too many of those articles on the web about people making ten thousand dollars or more in their first few months of blogging, and guess what, almost every single one of them wants you to buy their money making system or book or some other garbage. At least what you have here is free. When I see their blog with only a couple of posts and them trying to sell me their garbage, it encourages me to leave straight away.

Thanks for posting. I'm off to read more and try to get my subscribers and clicks up.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More